Welcome to The Long Island Pickers.
Here you’ll find useful information and news on everything antique & collectible around Long Island as well as offers of some of our finest picks.
WEEKLY SPECIAL SALE!!!
Jade Belt Buckle, China, late 19th/early 20th century, traditional form, hand carved with a sinuous chilong, stone of black nephrite jade with several small pyrite inclusions and a pale opaque white inclusion near the left nostril of the dragon head. A second figure appears to be riding the chilong. We are not sure what the second figure depicts.
In excellent condition with a dusty interior to the carving typical of objects of this vintage. We have not attempted to clean the piece.
This is an estate find and was in the hands of one family who used it as a paperweight since the 1930s. .
CLICK HERE for more information.
30% OFF this week only.
Call 247-299-0875 NOW!!! No text messages please. We look forward to speaking with you.
Click on WEEKLY SPECIALS to view all the specials we offer here at Long Island Pickers.
NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!
We have just added a new selection of unique apparel for pickers and collectors. Go here to see the new collection.
1) You can now order the essential books you need as a collector or as an antique picker or dealer from the Learning Center.
2) Announcing our new showcase for Vintage Guitars and Classical Vinyl Records we are offering online. Either click on the Category to the right, or visit the new Long Island Platters & Axes.
3. Then check out the Long Island Pickers’ Learning Center, again, where you can find information and products that will help you become a better picker or antique collector. CLICK HERE to enter Long Island Pickers’ Learning Center.
At the Learning Center we will also be presenting videos and information for Collectors to help them better understand what they collect, how to care for what they collect and what the market is for their collection or prized object.
This Learning Center is under construction, so check back often for new offerings to make you a better collector, picker or dealer in antiques and collectibles.
4. An exciting new project we have launched is the world’s best directory of videos on antique collecting called Antiques Tube. We will update this listing regularly, so that you have access to all the latest video offerings across the Internet on collecting antiques, art and collectibles.
5. We especially invite you to visit our new directory and portfolio of advertisements on Long Island Antiques World. This is the internet’s best guide to antiques and collectibles, and associated trades, on Long Island and the New York City Metropolitan Area. Long Island Antiques World will always be growing, so check back often as you do here at Long Island Pickers.
From Montauk to Manhattan, from North Shore to South, this island is a treasure trove of antiques and cool picks.
Only 118 miles long and 20 miles wide, there are literally thousands of opportunities for the antiques enthusiast at every level of interest, be it classical furnishings or funky fifties decor. We are surrounded by an incredible variety of shops, shows, flea markets, and fairs. Not a day passes that you can not uncover a fabulous find!
Long Island Pickers wishes to share with you this Mecca of splendid stuff through the definitive guide to these treasures on Long Island Antiques World, the educational offerings on The Long Island Pickers’ Learning Center and the educational videos you can access from the Antiques Tube as well as the selection of our favorite picks offered here at http://www.Long-Island-Pickers.com.
Al, Perry & Rafik
Advertise your Antiques, Collectibles or associated business here on Long Island Pickers. You can also advertise at the top of page at Long Island Antiques World, or on both pages. We also accept advertisements from Long Island and NYC musicians and bands. Click on the image above for ad sizes and our reasonable rates. We are getting thousands of views per month. Advertising with us a great way to get your company or product better known around Long Island and the NYC Metropolitan Area. Picker’s get around.